Development Permits are processed by the Village of Marwayne administration office.

Subdivision Applications are processed by Municipal Planning Services.

Safety Codes Council is responsible for all building, gas, electrical and plumbing permitting and inspection services. 

Please consult the drop down menus below for more information as it relates to your next project or home renovation!

Subdivision Applications

Municipal Planning Services is the Village of Marwayne's subdivision authority. To initiate the subdivision process, residents must contact Municipal Planning Services directly. Please visit their website by clicking here to get started. Alternatively, you may also reach out to their staff by mail, phone, fax or email, as outlined below.

The 2023 Subdivision Rates may be found by clicking here.


Mailing Address

Municipal Planning Services (2009) Ltd.

#206, 17511-107 Avenue NW | Edmonton AB | T5S1E5


Phone (780) 486-1991

Fax (780) 483-7326



Hours of Operation

Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:00pm

Closed for lunch between 12:00pm to 1:00pm as well as on weekends and holidays

Safety Codes Council

The Village of Marwayne is a non-accredited municipality. As such, the Alberta Safety Codes Authority (ASCA) oversees the provision of safety code compliance monitoring, including permitting and inspection services, within our community. 

If you require a building, gas, electrical, or plumbing permit, please visit the Safety Codes Council website by clicking here! Once you're there, you will be able to see permit fee schedules, application forms and get answers to all of your questions. 

To get a list of agencies that provide safety codes permitting and inspection services for Marwayne Click here!

Links for permit fees, application guidelines and safety tips are below:

Safety Tips - Safety Codes Council

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need a development permit?

You always need to contact the Village of Marwayne for a development permit unless you are:

  • Doing maintenance or repairs to an existing building that does not include structural alterations;
  • Building a fence less than three (3) feet in the front yard and/or less than six (6) feet in the side and rear yard; and/or
  • Constructing an accessory building or structure in a residential district with a floor area of under one hundred (100) square feet.

If applying for a development permit from the Village of Marwayne, do I also need a building permit from Safety Codes Council?


How long in advance should I apply for a development permit before breaking ground on my project and/or renovation? 

As soon as possible! Processing times range from one (1) to three (3) weeks on average. 

What if I begin construction without a development permit? 

If you begin working on a project or renovation without an approved development permit, you risk being provided with a stop order. A stop order will require you to immediate cease construction and/or demolish any construction already undertaken without an approved permit. Developments without an approved permit are also subject to fines and/or enforcement.